Saturday, August 21, 2021

Crops can flourish even in the heat

My Tomatoes, Purple Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers and Banana Peppers picked this morning

 Gardening was something that I knew would always be a part of my routine.  It was something I grew up with.  It is something that I am amazed by every season

It is August, and yes statistically the warmest time of the year.  We have certainly seen some major shift in the typical climate over the years.  Extreme heat, devastating fires and an increase in dangerous tropical storms.

 We have had an unusual amount of  wet spells here.  It has not been that unwelcome.  For nearly one solid week I was unable to do more that take a quick glance at my crops.  When I was able to take full inventory I was thankful that I escaped major damage.  I was also pleased to see the over abundance of new blossoms even in the heat.




My beautiful Lemon Tree's planted from the seeds of one fresh lemon














I've always been adventurous when it comes to planting and growing new things.  These Lemon trees are healthier and more beautiful than I could have imagined.  They have not matured to the point of producing new fruit.  By next spring they should be in prime shape for a fresh bath of lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment