Sunday, August 19, 2012

Banana Split Bread

I love to make Banana Nut Bread so I thought I'd try something different.  This turned out so much better than I had imagined.  Recipe makes two loaves.  You can freeze one loaf for up to 30 days if you like.  Just remove from freeze and allow to thaw.

2 Ripe Bananas mashed
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tbs Cinnamon
2 Tbs Baking Powder
2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Chopped Walnuts



Mix masked banana, eggs  and milk in mixing bowl until well blended.  Gradually add flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder blending thoroughly.  stir in Chocolate Chips and Walnuts. If too thick gradually add additional small portions of milk.  Pour into bread pan coated with baking spray.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.

I like to serve this hot topped with strawberry preserves.  It's also good with whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment